I have a fondness for Richard Bach books that dates way back to college. I find that when I reach a big milestone or turning point I end up pulling some quotes from his books. It seems appropriate to do it now. There are a lot of lessons we’ve learned from our time racing with our friends. Here are just a few.
“Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.”
1) Never be afraid to try something new. Also, upgrading to the latest tech feeds your inner geek.
2) Take care of your body, and it’ll take care of you.
3) You can never be too careful 😂
4) Always be prepared.
5) Generosity is a virtue. As is humility and kindness.
6) Petting a dog makes most thing better (even the dog).
7) You can be small in stature, but have a giant’s will and courage inside.
8) It can be a great achievement in itself to make someone else happy.
9) There is always the right attire for every occasion, especially at national monuments.
10) Capture your memories. Don’t forget to post and tag.
11) Don’t throw away your shot.
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”
“True love stories never have endings.”
Thank you to all of our gypsy family who have made these last few years so memorable and to all the Black Sheep, Team in Training, Team Future, AACR, Biggest Loser, SportHooks, and CGI friends who’ve been with us every step of the way. We hope to share the journey to 100… and beyond!